Many people, in light of the COVID-19 outbreak, have chosen to panic, but how are we as believers to respond in such uncertain times? Paul writes in Ephesians 6:18 and admonishes us with the following, "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit..." As Christians, this is not the time to panic, rather it is a time to PRAY! There are some ways we would like to encourage you to pray about this virus in the days to come, and we believe it will be for the benefit of all.
1. Pray for CONTAINMENT - ask the Lord to stop the spread and growth of this virus in the world, in America, and in our communities.
2. Pray for PROTECTION - let us ask the Lord, during this time, to protect everyone who has not contracted the virus. Pray especially for all those in the medical field that are dealing daily with patients who potentially have the virus, that God would keep them safe.
3. Pray for HEALING - ask the Lord to touch and heal each individual who has been exposed to the virus and are currently fighting to overcome it.
4. Pray for WISDOM - we need to pray that God would give Wisdom to our Government officials, State officials, City officials, pastors, and all of the leaders in positions of authority.
5. Pray for REVIVAL - pray that people will turn to the Lord like never before during this time of fear and chaos. This pandemic didn't take the Lord by surprise and He may very well want to use it for His glory.
Write these five things down and take time each day to pray for them. Never forget that God gave us the invitation in Jeremiah 33:3 that says, "
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."